Food Addiction Quiz
At COR Retreat, we start off by asking people two simple questions.
1. Once you start eating certain foods, do you have little control over the amount you eat?
2. Once you give up those same foods, can you stay away from them for more than a year without outside help?
If you can answer yes to one or both of the questions listed above, COR Retreat's recovery program can help you.
Other Common Feelings for those Struggling with Food
If you have lost control and believe you have an addiction to food, you may be experiencing the feelings listed below.
- You are tired of dieting.
- You are tired of losing weight just to put it back on again.
- You want to avoid having weight loss surgery.
- You want to maintain weight loss after a diet or surgery.
- You have lost hope of finding an answer to your struggle with food.
- You feel like there is a battle waging in your head over food.
- You want to feel happy again.
- You want a new way of living without using food as a coping mechanism.
About COR Retreat
COR Retreat is a residential retreat program that teaches a way to live free from the obsession with food through a 12 step program. COR Retreat was started by Burt Nordstrand, author the book Living With the Enemy. After overcoming multiple addictions, Burt started COR Retreat as a place for food addicts to learn and apply the 12-steps of recovery in a safe, nurturing residential retreat setting.
COR Retreats are 5-day, 4-night retreat programs held each month at the McIver Center in Wayzata, MN.
The Beautiful McIver Center
COR Retreat Dates
Stories of Hope from COR Retreat
Learn about Linda Lou's struggles with physical ailments and how COR Retreat improved her health, weight and quality of life. Read More »
See how Janis has remained abstinent for over 1 year, and has lost 60 pounds during her recovery journey. Read More »
See how Bob has remained abstinent for over 2 years, and has lost 190 pounds during his recovery journey. Read More »
See how Kathi has worked the 12 step program of recovery and lost 75 pounds since attending COR Retreat. Read More »
See how Jan has found peace and serenity by working the 12 steps she learned at COR Retreat. Read More »
Learn about Kristen's path to a sustained weight loss of 65 pounds, and how COR Retreat helped her on her path to recovery. Read More »
Learn about Kari's rollercoaster ride on her journey of recovery from food addiction, and how COR Retreat has given her a fresh start. Read More »
Learn how Cindy overcame health issues, and received a fresh lease on life after attending COR Retreat. Read More »